It is a small plant 2-3 meters tall. There are yellow spots on the thin crust. Its flowers are red. It grows in hot countries. In some countries, it is believed that those who drink water from containers made of bitter bark will get stronger. In medicine; its root, bark and wood are used. Its effective ingredient is “Quassine”. It tastes very bitter.
- It increases appetite and facilitates digestion.
- It reduces fever.
- It increases saliva release.
- It regulates the functioning of the stomach, intestines, liver and kidneys.
- Kidney pains, helps lower the stone. It sheds intestinal worms.
- It stops bleeding.
- It is also used as an insect repellent.
- If it is used too much; It causes dizziness, nausea and vomiting.