It is a kind of lily plant. Its leaves are in the form of long strips. Its flowers are green and white with veins. The 2 kilogram onion part is under the leaves. It is painful and toxic. 7.5 grams of onion can easily kill a person. It is not used when fresh. Otherwise it may cause to get poisoned and to vomit. The meaty portion of the onion is sliced and dried. Then, it is pelted and pulverized. It should not be used without knowing it very well.
- It is diuretic.
- It drains the water accumulated in the body in heart patients.
- It reduces azotemia.
- Kidney patients should not use it.